Sunday, August 22, 2010

Go Topless Day

It was just brought to my attention that yesterday, August 22, was national Go Topless Day. Throngs of women in various cities around the country (including Denver) went sans shirts in protest of the fact that men are legally permitted to walk around in public bare-chested (even though I'm sure we've all seen some men whose breasts rival those of even the most buxom of women) while us gals are required to cover up lest we incite a riot. I personally think this country could use a good topless riot or two. Supporters of the movement hope to draw attention to the difference between nudity and sexuality and to ultimately render the topless female as normal as her male counterpart. I whole-heartedly support their efforts, and while I myself probably won't be going shirtless in public any time soon, I know a few girls who would welcome the opportunity. Have you/would you ever go topless in public?

For more information on the Go Topless movement, visit GoTopless.org.

1 comment:

  1. why didn't we know about this? That sounds like some top shelf people watching. Pun DEFINITELY intended.

    ReplyDelete