Friday, August 20, 2010

Chickadees


Last week I had the pleasure of caring for these lovely ladies. Tina, Gilda, Laraine, and Jane (get it?) are a friend's backyard chickens. Who knew chickens had so much personality? I swear those chickens know the cure for cancer and would share it with us if only they could speak. Then again, I may be projecting. Another perk to chicken-sitting:


Free eggs! What fresh eggs lack in size (they were surprisingly smaller than the store-bought varieties) they more than make up for in taste. There really is a discernable difference in flavor and texture and I encourage you to try one should the opportunity present itself. We made scrambled eggs for breakfast over the weekend and, call me sappy, but as I cracked open the first egg I was filled with a sense of gratitude towards the chickens for providing us with a truly incredible food that is both nutritious and delicious!

Scrambled eggs, done right.

(Recipe via smitten kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment