Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Christmas Toast


Given certain recent events in my life, and, more specifically, the life of one of my dearest loved ones, I'd like to take this moment to remember what's truly important. I don't think I do this often enough and it's a real shame that it takes a traumatic event to make me realize how trivial many of my daily complaints are. So, as I sit here in my future in-laws' home surrounded by future family, I vow to make 2011 the year of gratitude. I'll spend the rest of 2010 practicing being thankful: thankful for my family, my friends, my pets (past and present), and all of the abundant blessings in my life. Come the new year, I will spend less time complaining about nonsense and more time focusing on enjoying all of life's little gifts. It won't be easy; we all know it's much easier to be negative in the face of adversity than to be positive, but I'm up for the challenge. Cheers!

(Toast via
that kind of woman)

No comments:

Post a Comment